HealthTech Innovation Conference 2022 – a summary
European HealthTech Conference has come to an end.
Many thanks to all participants, guests, co-organisers, patrons and conference sponsors for attending this important event.
Time to recap this year’s meeting:
An event accompanying the conference was the Inauguration Ceremony of the Academic Year 2022/2023 of the Faculty of Biomedical Engineering and the Faculty of Organisation and Management of the Silesian University of Technology, combined with the matriculation of first-year students of these faculties.
The opening ceremony of the Conference was attended by the President of Zabrze, Małgorzata Mańka-Szulik, and Łucja Chrzęstek-Bar – President of the Zabrze City Council, who received greetings and congratulations from the Dean of the Faculty of Biomedical Engineering, prof. Zbigniew Paszenda, and the Director of the European HealthTech Innovation Center, Prof. Marek Gzik on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of granting city rights to the City of Zabrze.
A statuette “Distinguished Service to the Faculty of Biomedical Engineering at the Silesian University of Technology” was also presented during the ceremony, which was received by Prof. Marek Gzik, a former dean of the Faculty of Biomedical Engineering, and current Head of the Department of Biomechatronics at the Silesian University of Technology and Director of the EHTIC.
HealthTech Innovation Conference 2022:
- 2 days of presentations and discussions with online streaming
- Nearly 200 participants from home and abroad
- 4 wonderful, inspiring keynote lectures during the plenary session:
- Olga Rudnieva – CEO of Superhumans Center
- Prof. Michael Skipper Andersen – Aalborg University
- Dr Tomasz Pilewicz – Philips
- Prof. Jacek Jurkojć – Silesian University of Technology
- 30 interesting presentations by young scientists during poster session
- American Heart of Poland session with Prof. Krzysztof Milewski on new devices for heart failure treatment
- POB1 session “Computational Oncology and Personalised Medicine” chaired by Prof. Joanna Polańska and Prof. Ewa Piętka, with participation of Prof. Philippe Lambin and Dr Michał Marczyk.
- Meeting of deans and professors of faculties from all universities in Poland providing studies in Biomedical Engineering
- Meeting of members of the Education Committee of the KBiIB PAN
Thank you again VERY much and see you next year